>> So, is there a Windows command (or Linux command) that will
>> tell me who
>> is the PDC and/or the "master browser"?  Perhaps that command
>> will help
>> me understand when I actually made a change to this process.

>You'll need to interrogate the WINS server database, or use a sniffer,
>think. I don't know of any way to get a Windows box to cough up this
>information.

How about BROWSTAT, a command line query tool, or BROWMON, a gui based
tool, both on Windows?
They used to be on the Resource Kit CD, but you can download them from
MS as well I think.
I used to have loads of browser problems on machines with more than one
NIC for SAP and used them fairly often.
I don't have those engines anymore to look at, we ported the whole lot
to Linux on Z.

send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit

Best regards,
Pieter Harder

[EMAIL PROTECTED]