I suspect that what you are actually inturrupting is not in fact the
process that is issuing the 'ni IPV6 Routers present' message but something
else that is hanging. That is an informational message. Linux has IPV6
support built in even if most people are not using it yet.

             Eddie Chen
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: Linux on                                          To
             390 Port                  LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             IST.EDU>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: IPV6
             05/10/2005 01:08
             PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

 Am I the only one having this problem of   looking for   " no IPv6 routers
presen"    during the boot and I  need to  type  ^c   to continue  the boot
process?.

This message and its attachments may contain  privileged and confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are prohibited
from printing, forwarding, saving or copying this email.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer.