are still sick.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/18/05 3:57 PM >>>
Thanks, Tom.  That matches the game plan I just finished writing down.
I decided to do the "cp" instead of "mv," and for exactly the reasons
you describe.

Jon

<snip>
Having made many errors....

I wouldn't "mv" the directory, just "cp" it.
Since you are creating the directory and contents on new disk space,
keep the old directory spinning until you prove to yourself that
everything is working with the LVM version.

It is much easier to recover if you just have to update fstab to point
to the origional device.

Perhaps even copying fstab to fstab.save before changing things.  Then
you only have to rename files instead of using "ed" to change lines in
fstab.

Once you have IPL'ed and you are still using the LVM version, then you
can remove the old, obsolete copy.
</snip>

send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit