In looking for a simple and maintainable process to clone guests, I tried
the procedure in "vserver in 2 days" redbook.

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg246695.html?Open

I started from a ready VM 5.1 system so I didn't have to install VM. Except
for my own mistakes, the process works very well.  I do have several
questions:

1) I need to support both 31bit and 64bit linux. How do I leverage my
current 31bit structure to support 64bit cloning process.

2) What would be a rough procedure to apply service (e.g. a service pack,
kernel patch) to
a) the controller image
b) the golden-image and
c) existing cloned machines.

3) Our dasd doesn't support flashcopy, so in the cloning process, the
dasdfmt+dd takes about 30 minutes for the combined dasd 102 and 100. Won't a
cms DDR do a simultaneous format&copy and cut the time by half?

Thanks for any info.

Ismael