>You are are assuming things about the HiperSocket implementation that
>aren't true.  It is not an I/O device and so doesn't use the SAP.
Data is
>moved synchronously using the CPU.
That is a surprise. You mean the user CPU is doing this and not a SAP?
That would be a reason to choose the OSA way in a cpu constrained
environment.

>The SAP isn't used when bouncing off the OSA, either, since the card
>handles the DMA transfers itself.
Right, so only the OSA gets a workout.

>For crossing LPAR boundaries, HiperSockets gives better performance
than
>bouncing off an OSA.
So it is the fastest, but what about costs? It uses an awfull lot of
real.

>If you're worried about SAP utilization, your fave performance
monitoring
>product will report on it.
I have VM PTK, I can't find about SAP utilization. Where do I look?

Best regards,
Pieter Harder

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel  +31-73-6837133 / +31-6-47272537