As to whether they are Linux-savvy, I can't really speak to that.  Most of
their clients run Windows.  I know they have dabbled in Linux, but we are the
first mainframe Linux client they have had; I think that is the reason they are
so nervous.

Jon

<snip>
The fact that your vendor's "tech" doesn't understand this leads me to
believe you are not working with an organization that is Linux savvy at
all.  You might want to keep that in mind as you go forward.
</snip>