From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marcy
Cortes
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 9:25 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: e: LVM fragility?

Well, on my sles8 instances, it seems to run out of
"/etc/init.d/boot.lvm" .  I didn't have to turn that one on so something
either in the install or LVM creation must have.

My SLES8 LVM's are perfectly happy having their disk letters changing
(at least until I got to 26 letters and had to do more mknod's).

Issue "chkconfig" and see if boot.lvm is set to ON.

Marcy Cortes

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein.  If you have received this
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."