> > 1. Can SAMBA handle nested global groups?
> I don't believe so - UNIX/Linux groups cannot contain groups. I recall
> someone flattened nested groups somehow, but this was a migration
> strategy, not a coexistence one.

Support for nested groups in Samba3 is fairly new.  Mind link wrap...
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/NetCommand.ht
ml#id2563921
It should also work with usrmgr in windows.  I don't use them myself so
can't say how well they work, but I remember something about it working
with Samba tdb backend and being broken with ldap backend.

> > 2. Are there reference sites and/or other IBM experience with SAMBA
and
> > Active Directory?
> I know there are a few shops out there doing this. I recall TCS
presented
> on Samba at SHARE about a year ago.  Anyone?

All part of NT domain, no AD yet.

~ Daniel