We only have Linux on zSeries and at SLES 7 with EXT2 there is a 2G file
size limitation. I'm assuming EXT3 being EXT2 and journel would not get us
over the size limit

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
McKown, John
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 10:15 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Which file system?

Hearsay says that ReiserFS is a very poor performer on the zSeries. EXT3
would be easiest because EXT3 is simply EXT2 + journelling. You can convert
your EXT2 to EXT3 "in place". But I don't understand the comment about the 2
Gb file size limit. I no longer have Linux on zSeries, but there is no such
limit on my Intel box (kernel 2.4.20).

> --
> John McKown
> Senior Systems Programmer
> UICI Insurance Center
> Information Technology
>
> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its content is protected
by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this
message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this transmission, or taking any action based on it, is
strictly prohibited.

Nocket