From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim
Elliott
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:08 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Java 1.5 on Linux for z/Series

> Hi Folks, Is there any stated direction for Java 1.5 on Linux for
> z/Series by IBM or any other party?

Michael:

It is IBM's intention to ship Java 5.0 (nee 1.5) by year-end 2005 for Linux
for zSeries. Of course things may happen to prevent that, but we expect to
meet that date. In other words, the usual disclaimers apply.

Jim

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit