I haven't read far enough yet, possibly.  Does VM, and by extension the
Linux guests, support PAVs?

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Sent by:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
ST.EDU                    LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
                                                      cc
                                                                 07/06/2005
11:27                                      Subject
          Re: (Hopefully) stupid question:
     3390 mod 27                                      Please respond to
                                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                 ST.EDU

They will work just fine.  Performance may be another issue, since
you'll have fewer device numbers against which you can issue I/O
concurrently.