On Iau, 2005-07-07 at 22:12, shogunx wrote:
> Oh, I see.  Someone forges headers to spoof the mirror into relaying nasty
> packets somewhere.  A bit of logic in the middle of the subroutine could
> verify authenticity and if authentic, MIRROR, and if not authentic LOG
> or DROP.

Verifying source is fairly hard except for internal network traffic.

The more evil version of this is to find big networks configured for old
style "respond to broadcast ping" behaviour. People then spoof packets
to the broadcast address of that network with a fake source address of
the victim, instant attack amplifier and most unpleasant.

Alan