Evidently my MITIME setting is being overridden to 40 seconds as well. So, that must not be the problem.

Dave Jones wrote:
Hi, gang.

I don't have any hands-on experience with the DS8100, but I would
suspect that 40 seconds would be a reasonable setting for MIH time out.

This sounds silly, I know, but is the device plugged into a wall socket,
powered up and correctly connected to the host?

Have a good one.

DJ

Lutz Hamann wrote:

Rich,

for DS8100 the MIH default seems to be 00:40 (40 seconds).

That should be quite enough, shouldn't it  ?

     ciao  Lutz

Lutz  Hamann
BETA Systems  Software AG
z/OS  System Engineering

            Rich Smrcina
            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
            Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
            390 Port                                                   cc
            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
            IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                      Re: HCPIIO1250I message from z/VM
                                      V5.1 at z/VM IPL.
            17.07.2005 16:51

            Please respond to
            Linux on 390 Port
            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                IST.EDU>

Do you have the missing interrupt handler time set sufficiently high?
The newer DASD typically required that the MIH time be set high, you
might want to check the documentation for the DS8100 or the hardware
bucket doc for VM to determine what the correct value should be.

mainframe_s390 wrote:

Hi,all

Please teach me.
I added a new disk device(DS8100).
The address range is 1000-1F9F.

HCPIIO1250I Device 1000 cannot be varied online because a
time-out condition occurred.
・
・
HCPIIO1250I Device 1F9F cannot be varied online because a
time-out condition occurred.

The SYSTEM CONFIG file of the z/VM.(Only DEVICES
statement)
DEVICES,
ONLINE_AT_IPL 0000-FFFF

Please teach me the way of solution.

-----
K.M.

__________________________________
Save the earth
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ondanka/

Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
Main: (262)392-2026
Cell: (414)491-6001
Ans Service:  (360)715-2467
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2006 - Chattanooga, TN - April 7-11, 2006

Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
Main: (262)392-2026
Cell: (414)491-6001