I don't think i would try to put the / volume in LVM. I don't think zipl
supports LVM volumes at all.
-Cameron

>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/20/05 7:47 am >>>
Stefan,

after running mkinitrd and zipl all works as you described.
Now we can use 2 or more mdisks of 65519 Cyls. in a
LVM-group. Next step will be probably EVMS and PAV's
(if our workload will alllows it ...)

Thank you for assistance.

     ciao  Lutz

Lutz  Hamann
BETA Systems  Software AG
z/OS  System Engineering

            Stefan Bader
            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
            ibm.com>
            Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
            390 Port
cc
            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
            IST.EDU>
Subject
                                      Re: DS8000 usage for SLES9 guest

            18.07.2005 18:03

            Please respond to
            Linux on 390 Port
            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                IST.EDU>

Hi,

Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 15.07.2005
16:44:39:

>But up to now we run into problems defining LVM2-groups including these
>large Mdisks. After definition SLES9-guest comes not up properly,
>only in S-mode (maintenance).

There shouldn't be a problem with the size of the mdisks in lvm2. Are
the
DASDs included in the range of devices that are set online after boot?
Did
mkinitrd run and add the lvm2 commands to the initrd?
Maybe you could post the boot messages...

Regards,
Stefan