If you're thinking about just swapping the underlying OS without doing
the same amount of testing you did with z/VM 5.1, I would say that is a
_very_ bad idea.

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Jim Knox
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 12:03 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Oracle Stress Testing

Hello,

We installed Oracle 10g under SLES9 and zVM 5.1 with the intention of
consolidating 2 PSeries Oracle servers.   It would be nice to import the
databases to 10g and stress test them on their new home.  But I am
unsure what tools are available to automate lots of users making lots of
requests.  Does anyone know what tools/options exist?  Note, this is a
one time test so I doubt we would want to purchase something.

A second (completely unrelated) question:  Our proof of concept ends
pretty close to the time z/VM 5.2 becomes GA - around mid-October from
what I heard.
I'm thinking if the changes to 5.2 are significant, we could re-install
VM prior to our go live.  Or we could  just leave the 5.1 version in
tact and use it as is.  Any thoughts on this?

thanks..............Jim
Baycare Health System
Tampa,  FL