Ray:

Optimizer set at All Rows......Is this what you ended up using?

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mrohs, Ray
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:32 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Oracle 10G POOR performance

We just went through that, same environment on a z/800. Our poor test
performance was due to different query optimizations vis-a-vis 9i. Also
DB Console is a real killer, don't activate it unless its needed. Now
our performance is very comparable to what it was on Oracle 9i. Theres a
slightly bigger memory requirement, and we are now running 400M virtual
servers instead of 350M for single Oracle databases.

Ray Mrohs
Energy Information Administration
U.S. Department of Energy