On Jul 27, 2005, at 10:11 PM, John Summerfied wrote:

Adam Thornton wrote:

On Jul 27, 2005, at 8:57 PM, Ranga Nathan wrote:

Yes.  I am seeing some strange corruptions. Is it anything to do
with
minidisk caching?

Doubtful.

I've had reiserfs corruption before, but it did manifest itself as a
kernel panic.

Um, you're not trying to share the disk between multiple Linux
images, are you?  If you are, it has to be read-only to ALL of them,
not just all-but-one.

If that's the problem I think it is, then all systems with ro access
would be prone to crashing as the only system that _really_ knows
what's
on the disk is the one that can write to it.

Exactly: the r/o guests may have inconsistent views of the data.

Adam