I re-ran the install using FTP as the source rather than NFS (both went to
my Intel linux box) and that appears to have solved the problem. The newly
installed system booted. I am going to try to re-create the problem and see
what the issue really is.

Thanks for the help.

             John Schnitzler
             Jr
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             com>                      LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             Sent by: Linux on                                          cc
             390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             IST.EDU>                  Re: Doing a sles8 install

             07/29/2005 07:23
             AM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

Jim,

    How much memory do you have assigned to the guest?

john