From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Tim Pinkawa
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 2:50 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: RHEL4 U1 VNC install crashing

On 6/27/05, Post, Mark K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No apologies needed.  Many people here use it for one reason or
> another, even if they have access to real mainframe hardware.
>
> I don't have a solution to your problem, but it sounds as though the
> installer program is dying suddenly, and the next step in the script
> is to reboot the system.  How much real/virtual/whatever storage are
> you allocating to this system?
>

> Mark Post

Hi Mark,

I have 1GB of main storage memory allocated. Here's the Hercules config
file I'm using for RHEL:

ARCHMODE        ESA/390         # CPU architecture
CPUSERIAL       031137          # CPU serial number
CPUMODEL        9662            # CPU model number
MAINSIZE        1024            # Main storage size in megabytes
XPNDSIZE        0               # Expanded storage size in megabytes
CNSLPORT        3270            # TCP port number to which consoles
connect
NUMCPU          2               # Number of CPUs
IODELAY         800             # Bypass Linux DASD bug
OSTAILOR        LINUX           # OS tailoring
PANRATE         FAST            # Panel refresh rate
HTTPPORT        3271            # What port for HTTP interface?

001F    3270
0120    3390    boot.3390
0121    3390    disk1.3390
0122    3390    disk2.3390
0123    3390    disk3.3390
0124    3390    disk4.3390
0400    3088    CTCI /dev/net/tun 1500 192.168.1.199 192.168.1.198
255.255.255.255
0401    3088    CTCI /dev/net/tun 1500 192.168.1.199 192.168.1.198
255.255.255.255

Thanks,
Tim Pinkawa