Bob,

> I don't see much running and if I try and start yast
By chance, are you trying to start yast from a 3270 session?

> What am I missing?
You probably want to use SSH sessions out of habit after the install. 3270
sessions are still handy for CP commands.

If you have a Windows desktop, most folks use PuTTY and there is a gotcha
- you need to check "2 only" for the SSH protocol (SSH button on left
side, then save the change in the "default settings". Subsequent profiles
will pick up that setting).

> How can I get inetd and company started?
SLES9 uses xinetd:
1) cd to /etc/xinetd.d - there should be files for the services you want -
usually change "disable = yes" to "disable = no"
2) rcxinetd start (for the current IPL)
3) service xinetd on (for subsequent IPLs)

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061