My apologies.
I read the Title from the incorrect book I had on my desk - must be Monday
- sorry.

The Redbook is Cloning FCP-attached SCSI SLES9 Linux for z/Series Systems
by Robert Brenneman.

----- Forwarded by Peter Rothman/HDQ/WSP on 08/22/2005 01:11 PM -----

             Peter
             Rothman/HDQ/WSP
             08/22/2005 11:24          Linux on 390 Port
             AM                        <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Cloning FCP-attached SCSI SLES9
                                       (Document link: Peter Rothman)

Redbook name is Multipath FCP on SUSE SLES9.

             Uriel
             Carrasquilla
             <Uriel_Carrasquil                                          To
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]>              LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             Sent by: Linux on                                          cc
             390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             IST.EDU>                  Re: Cloning FCP-attached SCSI SLES9

             08/22/2005 10:54
             AM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

Peter:
I will be interested in the name of the Redbook you are reading.
We use DF/DSS under zOS to clone the disk.  Then we do some manual changes
when we bring up the new clone.
We also have an "init" task that does some assignments based on server name
(very specific to our environment).

Regards,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
NCCI
Boca Raton, Florida
561.893.2415
greetings / avec mes meilleures salutations / Cordialmente
mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vänlig hälsning

                      Peter Rothman

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
                      ldspan.com>               cc:

                      Sent by: Linux on         Subject:  Cloning
FCP-attached SCSI SLES9
                      390 Port

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      ST.EDU>

                      08/12/2005 10:04

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      Linux on 390 Port

I am reading through the Redbook on this subject - the introduction says it
describes a procedure so I assume there must be other procedures - possible
'easier' ones?

Is it possible to clone more along the lines that could be used with
regular dasd.

For example:

1.    Use h/w services to copy the LUN.
2.    Boot new LUN and use the 3270 interface to make changes for IP
address, LUN number WWPN etc.

Is there documentation on this method or any other alternate methods.

Thanks
Peter.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This
message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and
as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.