Thanks for the assistance, Betsie, but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

In my copy of SLES9 there is no file
in fact, there is no directory
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
at all.

I do have /etc/sysconfig/network which does contain a lot of ifcfg-xx files,
including ifcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.a001, which I've been experimenting with
trying to modify.
All the documentation I can find assumes network configuration files are in
different places with different names than I have.

Some people are like Slinkies...
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face
when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Gordon Wolfe, Ph. D.   (425)865-5940
VM Technical Services, The Boeing Company