It might be that simple, but it shouldn't be needed.

Because mksles9root creates a directory struction with the subdirectory
starting with s390 or s390x.  If I'm in /data1, I should be able to run
mksles9root s390 and it would create /data1/s390/... and I should also
be able to run mksles9root s390x which would create /data1/s390x/...

A bypass would be to have a /data1/thd and a /data1/thdx (for example)
and run mksles9root from each, but I shouldn't have to.

Of course, this could be one of those weird Linux/Unix things that I'm
not aware of... yet.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/27/05 1:15 PM >>>
The key is: What directory are you running mksles9root in? i.e. where
is it trying to build the mksles9root directory? If you're trying to
create it in the same place, then it will complain; If you try to do it
in another place, you may have better luck.

--
Robert P. Nix           Mayo Foundation
RO-CE-8-857             200 First Street SW