Been off on other things and our SUSE service contract was taken over by
Novell (hence, networking is now paying for our SLES service contract on
the mainframe).  I don't know if that is good or not.  I'm no longer in
control.

Anyway, while the contracts are straighten out (or at least my ability
to use the maintenance side of suse), I wanted to start with SLES9 64
bit.

We have:

SLES7
SLES8
SLES9 31 bit running..

When I install SLES9 64 bit (z/890 with z/VM 5.1), during the load of
the ram disk, I get an error and the install abends.

I see from the FTP server that we are retrieving code, like we should
be.

Before I get too far into this....

Is a service pack for SLES9 64 bit required, in order to install?  If
so, I just stop until our maintenance stuff is worked out.  If not, I
can work on this problem while the maintenance stuff is worked out.

The networking type, for this test, is IUCV.

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting