James,

> I am getting a failure when I try to set up a cloning server per the
book ...
So this is just the first install of the controller?

> Device 0.0.9000 configured
> qeth: received an IDX TERMINATE with cause code 0x4e
> qeth: Initialization in hardsetup failed! rc=-5
Do you have the user ID to which the Linux was cloned authorized to the
VSWITCH? Try logging off the ID and logging back on and see if there is an
error message about the VSWITCH.  Also, what is the output of "#CP Q OSA",
"#CP Q NIC" and "#CP Q VSWITCH"?

Feel free to call or email me offline.

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061