From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Matt Gourley
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 1:19 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: s390 and s390x directories in /nfs/sles9root/core9

All,

Due to vendor issues, we here have been moving back and forth between
31-bit and 64-bit SLES9, using the LPAR to Virtual Servers Redbook as
our guide.  We're settled (for now) on 64-bit, after being told that
this will never, ever change, that the ports and migrations we're going
to move to will be on 64-bit SLES9.  Of course, we're a little
skeptical, so when we moved everything over to 64-bit, we kept the
31-bit rpms on LINUX00.  So our directory structure looks like:

/nfs/sles9root/core9/CD?/suse/s390  and
/nfs/sles9root/core9/CD?/suse/s390x

When I try to, for example, run 'yast -i XFree86-libs-32bit' on one of
our clones, yast exits with no errors, but XFree86-libs-32bit is not
installed either.  Is keeping the 31-bit code an issue?

Thanks in advance,

-Matt