RC is short for Release Candidate, while GM means Golden Master.
Usually, the last RC is declared to be the GM.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards

Martin Peschke

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Linux for zSeries Development
Phone: +49-(0)7031-16-2349

|         |           Tom Duerbusch    |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           iscity.com>      |
|         |           Sent by: Linux on|
|         |           390 Port         |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           IST.EDU>         |
|         |           12/10/2005 17:07 |
|         |           Linux on 390 Port|

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
                                  |
  |       cc:
                                  |
  |       Subject:  mksles9oot (again)
                                  |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Dumb quick question.

I'm trying to add SP2 to my 64 bit install process.

In mksles9root, the service packs are listed as:

SLES-9-SP-2-s390x-GM-CD1.iso
SLES-9-SP-2-s390x-GM-CD2.iso
SLES-9-SP-2-s390x-GM-CD3.iso

However, as just downloaded from Novell/Suse...where ever, the images
are:

SLES-9-SP-2-s390x-RC4a-CD1.iso
SLES-9-SP-2-s390x-RC4a-CD2.iso
SLES-9-SP-2-s390x-RC4a-CD3.iso

Fine, looks like a simple rename process.  But, in systems, sometimes
things are not as easy as they look.

Are the RC4a images, the right images?
What are the GM images?
Which images should I be using?
Is it just as simple as rename them (in the proc or the actual iso
images themselves)?
What is the difference?
Is one set, a valid licensed set (for those of us with support
contracts) and the other, being the evaluation set?

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting