Fargusson.Alan writes:
>But it isn't a device is it?  It isn't a filesystem either.
>
>It looks like sysfs is the best fit even if it isn't really the right
>place for it.  Actually a architecture specific system call might be the
>right thing to do, but I suspect it would be hard to get it implemented.

Yeah, sysfs is supposed to expose devices and other kernel objects, not
provide arbitrary interfaces to kernel modules.  But one could argue that
CP (or DIAG) is the "object" we're communicating with via an entry in sysfs
(or procfs).  We're exposing a way to communicate with that object with an
entry in the sysfs.  Is that too much of a stretch?
        - MacK.
-----
Edmund R. MacKenty
Software Architect