If you've got cwd pointing to a directory of rpm package files, you could
do this to find which package(s) supply libblah.so.1:

o       rpm -q --filesbypkg -p *.rpm | grep libblah.so.1

YaST is based on rpm package files, so I'd guess this would be the way
you'd wanna do it as long as you could point yourself to the proper
subdirectories in each of the installation CDs.

--Jim--
James S. Tison
Senior Software Engineer
TPF Laboratory / Architecture
IBM Corporation
My brain works just like lightning -- one brilliant flash, and it's gone!

Tom Duerbusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
11/07/2005 11:52 AM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Finding an "not installed" file

Weird question, but it may have an easy answer.

During a product installation, it said that I was missing "libdb.so.2"
file.
So I go to Yast, and do a search for it.  Not there.

I queried the vender and was told that I needed the "gnome-libs" rpm
installed.  OK, Yast found that.  Sure enough, when I installed it, my
immediate problem was fixed.

But the question is...

When you know what file is needed, but not what package it is in, is
there a way for Yast (or other command) to scan for that file and say
what package it is in?

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting