On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Brian Bell wrote:

> SLES 9 qeth driver will not load when ipv6 is disabled
>
> According to Novell document # 10098152, I disabled ipv6 module from loading.
> The qeth driver now fails to load.

I talked to Novell support about this, they had no work around about a
month ago.

It's an qeth issue, the IPv6 has to be disabled at compile time, so if you
really want IPv6 off you'll have to compile your own kernel. Why qeth was
written this way is a good question.

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Administrator [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | Anything is possible,
HCIS                                          | given time and money.