Check the results of vgdisplay -v against the volume group (klnmal1
maybe?) to see if what the Physical Extent (PE) size is and the number
of available PEs. You may need to add another PV into the volume group.

HTH,

Wayne

Lee Stewart wrote:

I have a client with a SLES8 LVM that he's having trouble extending..
Is there a command to tell if an LV or VG is striped or not?

There's roughly 13G free space in the VG.  From what I can tell, SLES8
is LVM1 which won't let you extend a striped volume.  That's supposedly
one of the reasons he could get:

klnmal1:~ # lvextend -L +1G /dev/klnmal1/klnmal1
lvextend -- rounding size to stripe boundary size
lvextend -- extending logical volume "/dev/klnmal1/klnmal1" to 35.31 GB
lvextend -- not enough free/allocatable physical extents to extend
logical
volume "/dev/klnmal1/klnmal1"

Thanks for any thoughts...
Lee

--

Lee Stewart, Senior SE
Sirius Enterprise Systems Group

send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit