Even if you're actually using 8192 for your MTU size, you're taking a
performance hit.  Bump that up even higher to 32K.

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
James Melin
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 12:22 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: z/OS tcp/ip stack definitions for hipersocket

The results of a netstat on z/os showed me that while the actMtu is 8192
while under BSD Routing Parameters it shows an MTU Size of 00576.

Question: Does this mean z/OS tcp/ip is breaking 8 K packets into 576
byte units each with its own header? Shouldn't the MTU size under BSD
Routing Parameters be higher?

I am doing point to point data connections via hipersockets to talk to
DB2 on z/OS, so there should be no routing going on. I'm just trying to
figure out if this adversely impacts my hipersocket performance.