Crispin Hugo wrote:
HI Chaps,

I have Redhat V4 installed under VM 5.1 on z/890. My dear customers now want
many added products installed. If I use Redhat gui to add/remove packages it
wants to load the CD.

Slight problem here as it don't have a CD. Installation done via FTP. Is
there a way I can tell it to use FTP or can I mount the CD on Windows
system. Or how should I tackle this please

You could set up an ftp (or http) server on the same system. or another
virtual zBox, or another box altogether. I'm not sure that Windows ftp
servers, but where there's a Windows box there's a box in need of
transformation into a Linux box:-)

a zBox running a Yum repository is surely a good thing to have.
You can run Yum on EL, and I think up2date can be made to talk to yum
repositories.

btw Yum can read repositories can be read directly from the local
filesystem. You use the createrepo package to create yum repositories.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait