On Tuesday, 11/29/2005 at 07:48 EST, Steve Gentry
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What I had originally sent in the original post was the OBEYFILE file,
so
> of course you all wouldn't know that I had the above.
> Based on what Alan said, I need to change (in the GATEWAY section)
> 192.168.141.63  to just 192.168.141    correct?

Correct.  192.168.141.63 is a host route indicating that *only* that host
lives on that network.  If you plug in a new host on the same network (say
.65), then you'd end up having to put another host route in.  By using a
subnet route, you cover everyone with a single statement.

> Can I comment out the TRANSLATE param or will TCPIP fuss because it
can't
> find it?

Get rid of it.  TRANSLATE is for Hyperchannels and other LAN-type devices
that don't have ARP capability.

> Disregarding the WARPDRV/HIPERLF1/192.168.141.x  entries, definitions
etc,
> everything else works, sort of. 8-)
> We're using two different OSA cards one for 10.140.1.22  and the other
for
> 10.140.1.24.
> We don't get much traffic on .24    We have some applications, some
telnet
> sessions, etc. coded to use .24 but they always seem to
> go to .22.   Do I have something coded incorrectly that would cause
this?

Remember my statement that TCP/IP registers all IP addresses in all
adapters?  Both LCS0 and LCS2 will respond to ARPs for the both .22 and
.24 (check your TCPIP startup console log for details).  I think it's just
timing that affects which adapter is used.  Miguel has a better
understanding of this issue than I do, so I'll leave it to him to explain.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott