Yu,

> does anybody have books, red-books, primers, web-sites or
> recommendations for new zVM system programmers?
I'm biased, but I would recommend the he redbook "z/VM and Linux on
zSeries: From LPAR to Virtual Servers in Two Days" on the Web at:
It docuements a DVD install of VM 5.1 and gets you started with the basics
using a USER DIRECT file for defining the directory and other constructs
needed to run Linux.  And you really can be going in two days if you have
all the pieces in place.

If you plan to use DirMaint to maintain the directory, there is a good VM
Pub "Getting Started With Linux" - first row on the Web page
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/bkserv/zvmpdf/zvm51.html

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061