Hi,

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 05:03:33AM -0600, Jay Maynard wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 06:52:19AM +0200, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
>
> No...what it means is that there are assembler assists for x86 and AMD64
> that allow stomic operations on the emulated system to be done atomically on
> the host as well. This prevents values from changing in the middle of an
> operation, causing inconsistent results.

Oh. Ok. I better continue to use that LD_ASSUME_KERNEL mantra still
then for my build hosts and start do do some testing on test
installations.

> > PS. The provided .src.rpm is _still_ broken for x86-64. One just can't
> > assume things like /usr/lib being _libdir .....
>
> Oops. Sorry about that. Can it be made portable? I don't have an RPM-based
> OS on my Opteron, and it builds fine on an Alpha...

There are older sample that i've used for my cvs builds and the current
one at

http://core.upi.iki.fi/out/hercules/

Those aren't even near perfect, but has been serving for me for my own
x86-64 builds as i rarely run anything outside x86-64 anymore. That
should show how to resolve the _libdir stuff tho and that should be
portable.

Then again, alpha has always been clean 64bit and didn't ever even have
this /lib vs. /lib64 mess at all (at least publically it didn't).

--
Pasi Pirhonen - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://iki.fi/upi/