Stefan Bader wrote:
>     path. So you should/must rather use 12stripes because
> 3. LVM wants to put <volume size>/<stripes> to each disk and won't add
> space from another space
>     do so. So 27G/8 requires around 3G on 8 free PVs and yours only have
> 2.25G..  So 12 stripes
>     should work.8 won't.

I've found that using 12 stripes on 8 paths had some times slower
performance than 4 stripes (greatest common denominator of disks and i/o
paths).  Depended on the type of writes being done and was also very
inconsistent.  4 stripes acted predictably, 12 would give me good and
bad performance inconsistently.  As a result, I always use the greatest
common denominator.

--
Brandon S. Darbro