Sam, thanks, this is what I was looking for.
Steve

"Kielek, Samuel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
01/05/2006 09:11 AM
Please respond to Linux on 390 Port

        To:     LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: How to set network parameters.

Steve,

For a Red Hat system the preferred way it to set it in your
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 interface config file. Add the
following line:

ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 100 duplex full autoneg off"

-Sam