From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Smith, Ann (ISD, IT)
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:11 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: SUN JDK on zseries

We have one customer area that is pretty insistent on trying to run a
Weblogic application with a SUN JDK. They are runnning on a 64-bit SLES9
server. We have told them that it would not be a vendor certified
configuration (BEA says to use IBM 1.4.2 s1ra). We also stated our IBM
support contract would most likely not cover this. They want to know WHY
only IBM JDK's are  certified. They commonly use Java hot spot options
that are not available with an IBM JDK (options that let you split into
multiple heaps). In any case, are there any stats available to show that
the IBM JDK is best for the platform? Or a good answer to the WHY?