On Jan 19, 2006, at 9:53 AM, McKown, John wrote:

I haven't read the whitepaper, but the overview (link below) indicates
that the author feels that companies using software which violates the
GPL, may also be violating Sarbanes-Oxley as well. He specifically
mentions the habit that vendors have of binary only Kernel loadable
modules (think 3590 support on zSeries Linux).

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/18/wasabi_whitepaper_dangersofgpl/

And, gee, he works for a company that sells BSD appliances.  Let's
deconstruct this, shall we:

"GPL!  Booga booga booga Sarbanes-Oxley!  Buy our BSD-licensed
product!  It's not GPL!"

Feh.

Adam