We had the same problem a couple of years ago, and adjusting those buffers
fixed ours.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1/20/2006 10:06:44 AM >>>
Sounds like our similar problem that was caused by developing scheduler
Eligible lists, because we had not increased the CP  default SRM STORBUF
values of
STORBUF: Q1=125% Q2=105% Q3=095%

When problem recurs again do CP INDICATE to see if VM has userids in the
Eligible lists:
CP INDICATE
AVGPROC-014% 02
XSTORE-000003/SEC MIGRATE-0000/SEC
MDC READS-000001/SEC WRITES-000000/SEC HIT RATIO-100%
STORAGE-052% PAGING-0001/SEC STEAL-000%
Q0-00002(00000)                           DORMANT-00034
Q1-00011(00000)           E1-00000(00000)
Q2-00007(00000) EXPAN-002 E2-00000(00000)
Q3-00004(00000) EXPAN-002 E3-00000(00000)

You have an Eligible list if the E1-,E2-,E3- counts are not 00000; the
above sample shows 00000 users in the Eligible lists.

If you have an eligible list do CP Q SRM, look at the response's STORBUF
line, and set the SRM STORBUF values higher with something like
CP SET SRM STORBUF 300% 250% 200%

If it works then put the CP SET SRM command in your AUTOLOG1 userid's
PROFILE EXEC to run when VM IPL's.

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.