Hobbyist license?  Is there info or some discussion about this somewhere?

McKown, John wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ranga Nathan
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 10:34 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Cross-compilation on z/Linux => target z/OS.

Is it possible to compile C programs on z/linux to run under z/OS? Has
anyone done such cross-compilation? My employer would not consider
buying C compiler on z/OS :(

--
__________________
Ranga Nathan

Yes. Dignus has such a beastie. Works well. I actually had their C
cross-compiler and HLASM cross-assembler on my Linux/Intel system at
home, not on z/Linux. Unfortunately, the purpose for which I had
acquired it "disappeared" and I did not feel that I could afford it just
"for fun". That may no longer be true since they now have a "hobbist"
license (which I doubt you could use).

http://www.dignus.com

There is also a very old port of GCC which runs on z/OS. I never could
get it to work properly. I don't know if there is a current port of GCC
for z/OS or not.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2006 - Chattanooga, TN - April 7-11, 2006