On 2/9/06, Bruce Gui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Could you give me some advice about which redbook I should read first? I
> am a newer for zlinux.

The Redbook to read first is SG24-6926, though most of the redbooks
also deal with performance.

There's a lot of pointers on http://linuxvm.org/ to get started.
Normally I would also suggest to Google for 'linux z/vm performance'
and start from there, but I don't know what Google is showing in your
country as hits (tssj).
So... this is not advertising but I will just show you the first hits
on my google screen:
* http://linuxvm.com/
* http://www.vm.ibm.com/linux/   (has a list of redbooks and
redpapers, incl SG24-6926)
* http://www.velocity-software.com/
* http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/sj/442/turk.pdf  (actually
hidden in some advertising site)

I fear heavy flames from the list when I dare to list more of the
entries on the Google screen.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij                  rvdheij @ gmail.com