>When I try IPL'ing from the reader I'm doing the
>same as you.... Image parm initrd all 80 character
>records.

Dave,
What version of sles9 are you using? (GA, sp1, sp2, sp3) (31 or 64 bit)
How far into the IPL are you getting before it abends?
Looking at the files you are trying to ipl via the reader, can you do a
filel
and tell me the file sizes? I will compare against my files here.
Can you cut and paste your user direct entry?

John