I am in the process of doing an install of Marist Linux in an LPAR. It
is not possible to use a tape IPL so I

searched the internet and found a procedure that I believe originated at
SUSE. This procedure is a boot program which is assembled, installed on
DASD and followed by the 3 IPL files which normally go on tape. I
substituted the Marist files for  the SUSE files. I adjusted the space
info in the JCL to accomodate the

larger image file.

The program to install the files to DASD finished with rc=0 but the
subsequent IPL shows a PSW loop.

I suspect that I need to use the SUSE tape IPL files to make this work.
However, I would be grateful to anyones for advise.

TIA