I haven't gotten to the software selection menu.  I get, in the ssh Yast
"panel"...

A message under Partitioning "No automatic proposal possible. Specify
mount points manually in the 'Partitioning' dialog"

A message under Software "cannot read package data from installation
media. Media error? ERROR:  No proposal"

I didn't see anything I recognized as drill-down hints.  I may try VNC to
see if the GUI has them.

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation
(850) 414-4209

Michael MacIsaac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
03/29/2006 11:18 AM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: sequence of installation events

Tim,

> Does anyone have a log, or other documentation, on the sequence of
> events I'm supposed to see in an install of SLES9 via FTP?
It's documented in the Virtualization Cookbook for an NFS install. The
only difference with the FTP install will be early in the process on the
3270 session after the networking questions are answered. The install code
will try to login with the FTP credentials provided, and perhaps look for
some files (not sure of these details).

If you get past that, the next moment of fate is when you go to the
"Software Selection" menu in YaST2. This time, I believe, the install
process will log in via FTP and also look at all the media files, RPMs,
etc. This is often where the failure message is something like "No
proposal is possible" is issued.

Is your install failing here?  If so, are there any drill down hints in
the message?

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061