From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
zSeries Linux
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:46 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: FW: Smbfs module not supported

When I mount an smb file system through any linux instance the smbfs
kernel module taints the kernel with the message "kernel module smbfs
not supported by Novell". This is SLES9 with 2.6.5-7.252-s390 kernel. I
understand that it's probably not going to have an impact outside of
running tainted but was wondering if this is just a "feature" of the
current kernel revision or if it's an *available* feature of previous
kernel rev's as well? Anyone from Novell/SuSE here to possibly shed some
light on why the smb file system module might taint the kernel?

Steve