Yes. I have, in all the guests.

Post, Mark K wrote:
Do you have "set run on" in the CMS startup exec for your guests?

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Ranga Nathan
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 12:29 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: cpint install problem - what am I doing wrong? Ioctl:
Inappropriate ioctl for device

-snip-
...there are situations when you have to operate in single user mode to
fix problems. You have to log into the console. The z/VM environment
allows the virtual machine to be stopped when the terminal session is
interrupted - by mistake or due to the network dropping out. I see this
as a weakness in a production situation. Having raised this issue a few
times on this mailing list, I would like to know how best one can
prevent or overcome it. No one is suggesting wanton log in to a terminal
session and carelessly terminating without a disconnect. Suppose someone
pulls the plug on me or my VPN session disconnects while I am not at my
laptop. Any number of situations can lead to a production  guest
disappearing. My point is that we need to identify, understand the
threat and find a way to deal with it. If there is no other way, then we
will accept that and work that into the procedure.  From what I
understand that is probably the case here.

Ranga Nathan
Work: 714-442-7591

begin:vcard
fn:Ranga Nathan