> I am not sure the risk of inconsistent data in a backup is as real as
> some want you to believe.

Remind me to tell you about the conversation I had with the
chief sysprog many years ago when I said that it was pointless
backing up the warm & ckpt areas and he disagreed.

Shortly thereafter we had an outage and a restore was needed.
As such they restored the warm & ckpt areas and lo and behold,
some people were suddenly able to look at the spool files of
2nd and 3rd lines managers.

The system was shut down and restarted appropriately PDQ.

I don't believe that could happen these days with the changes to
the spool handling system that have taken place. However it
does illustrate a point.

--
Rod