Could you send more informations ? I mean CPU type (model, ifl or not), memory size for virtual machine, heap size for java, average workload on Linux, type of application (standalone, Websphere). I support customers with WebSphere and DB2 on Linux for zSeries - respons time is not bad, but after some tuning in application.

Regards
Pete

Hugo Rivera napisał(a):

Hello list.
We are testing Java app. on Linux (z/VM) and we're getting a very poor response
time. End users get connected to Linux server through
X-Win32 (evaluation mode). So far, I've no seen any Linux (CPU, memory/swapping, I/O) or
network "problem".
To get a Xterm from Windows takes 3 -4 sec. But when running Java it takes 1.5
mints!!..
I heard Java application are "per se" heavy and slowly on Linux for zSeries
(z/VM)....Are there some tuning tips to consider to improve Java app's
response time???...or I just have to forget about it....
Thanks in advance.

Hugo Rivera

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Piotr Kolasi=C5=84ski
n;quoted-printable:Kolasi=C5=84ski;Piotr
org:CompFort Meridian Polska sp. z o.o.
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:+48 (42) 6457306
tel;fax:+48 (42) 6457306